Banana Cinnamon Overnight Oats
Overnight oats have been a big hit the last couple of years simply because A) they are delicious and B) they are incredibly easy to make! These banana cinnamon overnight oats only require a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Mix everything up before you go to bed and in the morning you will have a tasty, nutritious and quick breakfast! There are so many ways to make overnight oats, so personalize it to what you like best. This recipe is a good starting point.
- 1 very ripe banana - lots of little brown spots
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup - according to taste
- dash of cinnamon - according to taste
- Milk - you can also use almond milk, cashew milk, a blend or coconut milk (really whatever you prefer will work just fine)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 medium size mason jar
1. Mash the banana in a bowl until smooth
2. Add oats to the mason jar followed by the cinnamon
3. Add mashed banana, vanilla extract and maple syrup to the jar
4. Fill the jar with your preferred milk until the oats are covered
5. Mix everything up, close the mason jar and refrigerate overnight.
6. Top with walnuts when ready to serve.