This Cashew Chick Lettuce Cup recipe is a delicious, healthy twist on your favorite Asian restaurant dishes. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Please let us know what you think in the comments section below!
Attached is a printer friendly PDF version.
Cashew Chicken Lettuce Cups
- 3 TBS. of soy sauce
- 3 TBS. of honey
- 2 TBS. of peanut or canola oil
- 1 ½ pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into
- ¾' pieces 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 TBS. of fresh grated ginger
- 1 bunch of scallions thinly sliced
- 1 8-oz. can of water chestnuts
- ¼ cup of roasted unsalted cashews or cashew pieces
- 1 head of boston or bibb lettuce – leaves separated
1. Combine honey and soy sauce and set aside
2. Heat oil in large skillet and add chicken seasoned with salt and pepper
3. Stir chicken occasionally until it begins to brown (about 3 minutes)
4. Lower heat to medium and add garlic and ginger.
5. Add scallions and cook for 2-3 minutes
6. Add water chestnuts and half of the soy and honey mixture and continue to cook until chicken is cooked through (about 4-5 minutes)
7. Remove from heat and add cashews
8. Divide lettuce leaves and spoon chicken over the top.
9. Serve with remaining soy and honey mixture for drizzling.