This Creamy Mushroom Dip makes a tasty, easy side dish for the holidays. It can be served chilled or at room temperature on crusty crackers, toasted bread or raw vegetables. Let us know what you think in the comments section below!
Attached is a printer friendly PDF version.
Creamy Mushroom Dip
- 1 lb. of mushrooms (white or cremini)
- 1 TBS of olive oil
- ¼ Cup of finely chopped shallots
- 2 TSP finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup of light sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Place mushrooms in food processor and process until finely chopped
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat - Add mushrooms, shallots, thyme and garlic
3. Cook for about 10 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally
4. Add salt and pepper to taste
5. Place mushroom mixture in a bowl and stir in sour cream