Dates make the perfect base for this delicious Date Fudge recipe. Sweet, chocolaty and ever so easy! Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
Attached is a printer friendly PDF version.
- 14 oz. (about 17) pitted medjool dates
- ½ cup of almond butter
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 3 TBS. good quality cacao powder
- 1 TBS. good quality dark chocolate crumbles (optional)
1. In a sauce pan cooked pitted dates in a little boiling water until they are soft and stick together
2. Drain excess water and set aside to cool
3. In food processor blend almond butter, coconut oil and cacao powder
4. Add soaked dates and blend until sticky paste forms (about 1-2 minutes)
5. Line an 8" square baking dish with wax paper and scoop in fudge mixture
6. Spread evenly and sprinkle with chocolate crumbles – press down crumbles slightly into fudge mixture
7. Freeze for at least 3 hours
8. Remove fudge and cut into pieces – wrap each piece in wax paper
9. Store in freezer and allow to soften for a few minutes before serving