If you've ever wondered what the green stuff is in Dr. Suess's famous green eggs and ham, I'm about to tell you and guess what? No, it's not food coloring, it's healthy pesto sauce! Try this easy recipe with the kiddos that the whole family can enjoy. Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2-3 tsp pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 2 slices of ham - uncured, low sodium Canadian bacon works well
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Crack 2 large eggs into mixing bowl
- Crack 2 large eggs into small bowl and separate the yolks and discard
- Add Egg whites to mixing bowl
- Add pesto sauce to mixing bowl and whisk together
- Cut Canadian bacon into cubes
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat
- Add egg mixture to pan and top with Canadian bacon and chopped spinach
- Slowly move eggs in the pan in a push/pull motion with spatula until cooked. Top with cheese.