The beautiful fall colors of this side dish are a perfect fit for any Thanksgiving meal.
Attached is a printer friendly PDF version.
Maple Glazed Beets and Carrots
- 1 LB. of carrots cleaned and sliced about ¼ inch thick
- 1 LB. of beets cleaned and sliced about ¼ inch thick
- 2 TBS. coconut oil
- 1 TSP. whole fennel seeds crushed lightly
- 1-2 TBS. pure maple syrup
- salt to taste
1. In large skillet heat oil over medium heat
2. Add carrots and beets and stir to combine
3. Cover skilled and cook until vegetables are just starting to soften, turning vegetable a few times
4. Add fennel and stir. Cook another few minutes until vegetables are soft
5. Drizzle with maple syrup, and cook, stirring for a minute until syrup begins to thicken. Be careful not to burn Syrup.