This is a salad that you create using the colors of the rainbow and pair with your favorite healthy dressing. Kids love the process of making this salad just as much as they enjoy eating it. Using as many colors of the rainbow as you can, create your own unique Rainbow Salad. You can use the same color multiple times. Go through a farmers market or the produce section of you favorite market and see if there is salad item that you haven't tried yet. Have fun with this recipe and let us know what you think in the comments section below!
Attached is a printer friendly PDF version.
Here's a few ideas to get you started:
- Red - tomatoes , radishes, strawberries, red bell peppers, beets
- Purple – eggplant, purple carrots , purple radishes, cabbage
- Green – lettuce, kale, spinach, parsley, green onions, string beans
- Yellow – corn, lemons, yellow bell peppers, indian cress, summer squash
- Orange – carrots, golden beets, sweet potatoes, butternut squash