This potato hash is made healthy by the substitution of white potatoes for sweet potatoes! You can also use Yams. The natural sweetness from the sweet potatoes pairs wonderfully with the salty breakfast sausage and the earthy green peppers. You can also bake some eggs on top for some added protein! Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
Attached is a printer friendly PDF version.
Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 Lb. of bulk breakfast sausage
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 2 TBS. olive oil
1. Brown breakfast sausage and set aside (don't overcook)
2. In large skillet sauté onions and bell pepper in oil
3. Add sweet potatoes and reduce heat to medium with pan partially covered (you can add a few TBS. of water if needed to avoid sticking)
4. Cook potato mixture until potatoes are soft but not mushy
5. Add breakfast sausage, mix well and heat through on medium heat